Sewing Room Dropcam

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Not much sewing done in the last week

The only work I've done in the last week is get the next round of the blocks ready.  After washing/drying/starching/ironing a bunch more CW pieces, I cut two strips of each fabric and sewed each strip to an ivory strip.  Each strip pair, 48 of them, will be cut into 4 sections so there will be 2 blocks of each fabric.

I've had other things on my mind and things to do to get ready for a vacation that I'm leaving for tomorrow.  My sister and I are going to New Hampshire for 5 days.  Yeah, maybe a strange place to go in April and the weather reports say that the highs are in the 50's!  That's going to be tough for a born-and-raised Californian, but I bet it will be beautiful at the grand old hotel in the country.

We're attending an event with seminars and activities, a comedy show, dinners, etc.  It's a social gathering of people interested in the subject and I look forward to meeting people and making friends there.  No, it's not about quilting.

No comments:

Post a Comment