Sewing Room Dropcam

Sunday, November 22, 2009

Layer Cake and Jelly Roll Quilt

This is made with one layer cake and one jelly roll of Fig & Plum by Fig Tree. I love these colors, especially the blue that looks like Tiffany Blue. This is a very, very easy quilt to make. I used the method of placing two layer cake squares right sides together, sew a seam 1/4" from both sides of a middle line. Cut them apart on the line, press, and you now have two half-square blocks. Place these together with opposite fabrics together and again sew up both sides of the middle line (opposite corners of the first seam). Cut them apart on the line and press. You get two finished blocks. The sashing is jelly roll strips and I used the darkest jelly roll for the sashing posts.

I have some yardage of 3 of these fabrics but I haven't decided if I will do more borders on this one. I have another jelly roll of this fabric and I might need the other fabric with it to make a good sized quilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment