Sewing Room Dropcam

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Turned the quilt

Finally finished top to bottom!  I was so excited to take the quilt off and see the back.  It's always a little apprehensive for me because of my machine often doing very bad quality stitches.  I did find a few little loops of thread that I believe are caused by back-spin.  I am using the teflon disks in the bobbin and I put a drop of oil in it.  That doesn't seem to help any.  When it's done I'll need to sit down and go over the back inch-by-inch and tie a thread onto the loops, knot and bury them.

Overall, I like it. :-)

3 comments:

  1. Bravo....it is beautiful. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Found your blog on "Quilting Bloggers". This is drop dead GORGEOUS!! Very nice work.

    And why had I never thought to tie a thread to a little loop that needed to be buried??? Thanks for the idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful quilt!! Have you ever tried the prewound magna-glide? The Magnetic Core Bobbin.
    I do not work for them, just a very satisfied customer. I am new to long arm quilting and as soon as I started using these bobbins all my problems went away. Beautiful stitches and NO tension problems. Give them a try, I think you will like them. I would be happy to send you a few to try.

    ReplyDelete