Sewing Room Dropcam

Saturday, February 28, 2009

A Casual Quilter

I've done quilting for about 20 years though there have been periods of time where I didn't do any sewing/quilting. I recently got my sewing room back together after one of my children moved out of the house and I have re-discovered a passion for it.

I love every aspect of it from drooling over beautiful fabrics, to designing a quilt for fabrics I love. I would have to say that my least favorite part is hand quilting. Not that I don't like it, it just takes a long time to do. I get impatient to keep designing and creating new tops. I have never had a quilt machine quilted but I am considering it for a couple of completed tops. I am also considering having a couple of them hand quilted by some Amish groups I have read about that will do it.

In the meantime I continue to make simple quilts and sometimes a more complicated one thrown in. I need the satisfaction of completing one while another is still in the works.

No comments:

Post a Comment