Sewing Room Dropcam

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Quilt For My Brother

I made this for my brother in appreciation of all that he is doing to settle the family affairs after my father's passing. It is made of Civil War Reproduction fabric in a collection called Vicksburg. I chose a very simple pattern called 4-Square Fun to go with the masculine looking material. I plan on making a label for the quilt that includes information about our great-great-grandfather, Elias Yarborough, who was born in 1836 and served in the Civil War. There are records of him being captured at Vicksburg, Mississippi.

This was an unbelievably easy and quick quilt to do, it only took a few days to make. It isn't all sewn together in this picture but it is now and I just received the border fabric 2 days ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment