Sewing Room Dropcam

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Made a quilt with my granddaughter

I've been in Washington state for the last week and I brought with me some charm squares that my granddaughter got at a school fair and fat quarters that I got to go with it. We went to Walmart and got batting, a 130 thread count sheet for the backing, a rotary cutter, mat, and clear 24" ruler.

I was going to do a disappearing nine patch out of it but we just didn't have time. She did some of the sewing after I put a piece of blue painter's tape to mark a 1/4 inch sewing line. Oh... I bought a Brother sewing machine at Walmart too, and an iron!

We layed it out how she wanted it and got it sewed together yesterday evening. Today I did the stitching with the yarn and when she got home from school I showed her how to cut between the stitches and tie each one. I posted the pics on a quilter's message board that I belong to and she is so happy with all the comments from the wonderful ladies there. She wants to do another one!




No comments:

Post a Comment