Sewing Room Dropcam

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Another little quickie

I've had a Charming Jelly Cake of the Aviary collection for awhile and couldn't decide what to do with it. I finally found a pattern that uses that combination of cuts and it was simple and quick so... This is my first time trying fusible applique. It's alright for small things like this but I don't really like the "stuck on" look so I wouldn't use it on something more elaborate. I changed the flower that was on the pattern to one from a Piece O' Cake pattern. I will probably give this to my granddaughter and maybe I can try machine quilting on this one too.


I don't know why there is a dark pink patch in it, you never notice these things until you see it in a picture. I have other patches of the lighter ones so it's not like I ran out. I have 2 sides of the dark pink done for a small border around this and then start using the light pieces of the layer cake cut in half for the next round.

No comments:

Post a Comment