Sewing Room Dropcam

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Dear Jane

I'm going to do a Dear Jane quilt. Every quilter knows that this is a major project to take on and it's going to take years. There is a group of people on the Quilter's Message Board that are going to do it together and we're starting in January. I will try and figure out how to do a sidebar on this blog that will just contain the DJ updates and pictures of blocks so it's not buried in other posts.


I got the Dear Jane software and found Civil War Reproduction fabric bundles on eBay specifically put together for Dear Jane. The fabric is 200 different 9" x 11" cuts from seller 40yearhoarder on eBay. I got sets #9, #10, #11, and #12.


I also got an entire bolt, 15 yards, of Kona Cotton in Ivory for the background. The Kona was only $3.79 per yard at Fabric Direct but you do have to buy it by the bolt. That's a great price and I have found it to be from $6 to $10 per yard at other online retailers. Nice resourse for the staples in a fabric stash or if you want to go in together with friends and buy bolts.

No comments:

Post a Comment