Sewing Room Dropcam

Saturday, June 1, 2013

One big post....

What's in the works and what's finished?  Well, a couple of tops finished on the Completed Quilts and Tops tab and a whole lot in the works!  Three quilts for my great-nieces and nephew and a wall hanging for their mother and father, who is in the Army, and my niece asked for a Patriotic quilt to hang on the wall.

I have the Judy Niemeyer "Agave Garden" pattern but doing it in patriotic colors with some added stars. I took the blank outline from the pattern and scanned it, then used MS Paint to fill in the colors.

 
 
For the 3 kids I sent their mother a link to a fat quarter fabric site and asked that they each pick out a fabric they like.  One girl chose April's Garden so I designed this for it.

The next girl chose D'Amore Sunkissed and I saw there was a quilt kit with that fabric at Hancock's (so I cheated).  I ordered more of the fabric so I could make it a good bed-sized quilt and added in the stripe for a border.


The little boy chose Big Red Tractor!  I found that there are some panels in that fabric line and another line that has 15" panel blocks so.... I designed this to use them.


All of the fabrics have been delivered so there is a lot of work to be done!  Of course, I can't just work on three or our things at once so..... Traveling Turtles!  These are just so cute and fun to work on.  It's a pattern by Amy Bradley.


 

3 comments:

  1. If you make them I will come! So glad to see you posting! Love the patriotic quilt. Did you ever finish the other patriotic quilt with the vase of flowers in the middle?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Patriotic top is done but I haven't quilted it. I have always had major problems with my longarm machine but I recently found a thread that works good, Magna-Glide, and I ordered several different colors to try and finish some tops.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well you are going to be very busy! Have fun with your projects.

    ReplyDelete