Sewing Room Dropcam

Monday, August 23, 2010

Christmas Baskets

It's only August and I'm already thinking about Chrsitmas but, us crafters need time to prepare!   I just started canning so I thought that I would make up some baskets of preserves, cookies, and a canned apple pie filling.

I found these pie pans at Amazon for $10 so I ordered 5 of them.


I then went looking for baskets and I found a 12" round one at Papermart online.  They're only $3.29 each but you have to buy a case of 10.  That's fine with me, I can use them for the pie plates and for gifts of preserves.  I also ordered a 25 yard roll of 18" wide tulle in Ivory to wrap the baskets and make bows.  I can get packing shavings just about anywhere so I didn't order it there.



I can make potholders and hot pads for the pie pans out of some apple fabric that I have and make fabric tops for the jars.

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea, great gifts. Where do you find the time to do everything?
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete