Love how this is coming out! And I'm sure glad that I didn't trim the dark blue ring on the outer edge before putting it all together. It's a little off, a little smaller than it should be if I had trimmed it. I think the bulk of the stabalizer is the main cause of that since it is sewn on the lines. I tried a little bit to tear the stabalizer off of the center star in the seam area but it's not easily torn like paper. I'll try again since I'm not sure that I want to quilt through it and the seams are pretty bulky.
Started on the February pieces last night. I think I got all of the points printed that I need but the printer ate some pieces so I need to check that I re-printed everything that I needed to. I am using a LARGE roll of freezer paper so I have to cut 8.5" x 11" pieces for the printer. What a pain!! I ordered two 50 count packages of pre-cut printer sized last night since there is A LOT of printing to do. Those should be delivered Friday from Amazon so I can work on it over the weekend.
Trying out colors to use for the blanket stitch applique of the points. All those green threads look the same in this picture but they're not. The darkest green in the large spool looks to be the best. That is So Fine! from Superior Threads so will use two strands of it. I used Sharon Schamber's technique of putting the freezer paper pieces on the right side of the fabric, cutting the shape, then glueing the wrong side to the background with Liquid Stitch before removing the paper. It is pretty quick and easy and it sticks so well that when I had to remove the bottom 1/4 circle that I messed up on, the piece tore in half.