Sewing Room Dropcam

Monday, February 6, 2012

The Quilt Show BOM started

I received the fabric that I ordered for the BOM last week and got it washed and dried so I was able to work on it over the weekend!  I'm using Ricky Tims Stable Stuff and it's really not that hard of a pattern to do with paper piecing.  The trickiest part was sewing the dark blue outer ring to the inner ring but with careful clipping and pinning it's just the awkwardness of sewing a circle.  I haven't sewn the center star to the first border yet but I don't expect it to be any different (knock on wood).

I don't like iron-on applique so I used Perfect Circles to make the 1 1/4" circles and the large center circle.  After doing a couple of them with the gathering stitches by hand I switched to the sewing machine and a 3.0 stitch.  Just gather them around the Perfect Circle, press, spritz with starch, press, and remove the circle.  Used a tiny blanket stitch to sew them on.

The outer points don't get sewn on until they're combined with the February pieces.

1 comment: