Sewing Room Dropcam

Sunday, March 13, 2011

I can't stand this machine!!!

I am so disgusted with my longarm machine. :-(  I spent hours and hours yesterday and this morning trying to get this quilt done and it's just useless.  I have gone over and over adjusting it and it looks good on a practice side piece but then, soon as I start on the quilt I can't go for one minute without something going wrong.  The top thread breaks or I get eyelashes or it skips stitches, or something else.  Then I spend a half hour and MORE unpicking just to have it do it all over again.

I guess that's what I get for only spending $6000 on it.  Not to try making excuses for myself but the act of quilting isn't what I'm bad at.  I mean, I can quilt OK.  It's dealing with the constant problems with the machine that makes me not want to do it.

I started looking at machines online this morning... APQS, A1, Gammill, etc.  The APQS Millenium is $17,400, the Lenni is $9,900 and that's bare bones.  The A1 Professional package is $17,450 and that includes the power fabric advance and the hydrolic lift, which seems like a good deal to me.

Why can't things just work how they're supposed to?

2 comments:

  1. That is the major question of life "Why can't things work out like they are suppose to"....I feel badly for you because I know what it is like wanting to complete a project and for the machine to give you fits. Is there someone you can call? I sure hope you get the problem resolved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. have you tried subscribing to the tinlizzielongarm yahoo group? There is a lot of "help" there.

    ReplyDelete