Sewing Room Dropcam

Monday, January 16, 2012

An older top getting done

I made this quilt top probably in 2009 and I started hand quilting it.  I just don't want to do the hand quilting so I ripped out the 1/3rd or so that I had done and put it on the frame.

After thinking and drawing for days I finally decided to just do a panto on it.  It wasn't going to show a whole lot of the quilting anyway and at least it will get done quickly.

I finally got a zero center tape and it's very helpful in keeping the quilt straight in the center and on the ends.  This is the best loaded quilt I think I've done and the panto is going just right.

Today I ordered some stick on velcro and some elastic to make secondary leaders and side clamps ala Sharon Schamber. 

Also threw in a Easy Dresden ruler and a Prairie Pointer pressing tool.  Can never have too many gadgets.


  1. Oh...I still love your day I have to get me one of those machines.

  2. Hi Barb, I read the comment on your blog about not being able to post a comment and I can't post their either, it just won't load if I try to.

    The longarm is fun to do, when it's stitching right, and I seemed to have found that it works very well when I get pre-wound bobbins. Going to have to do some tests with the bobbin winding to find out why mine mess up so much.