Sewing Room Dropcam

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Block for Granddaughter's quilt

This is the first completed block for my granddaughter's quilt and I tried a new applique technique I just learned.
I don't like the flat, stuck on and ironed on look of fusible applique but I was going to do it anyway. I did some searching on applique techniques and found this one on Raw Edge Applique on the Sharon Schamber Network. http://www.sharonschambernetwork.com/free_area/free.html
I got Liquid Stitch at Joann's and also found a package of two plastic bottles with 4 different sizes of metal tips. I didn't have to use the bottles since the tips fit onto the glue bottle. I didn't use stabalizer and starched the fabrics well. It worked out beautifully!! The pieces stayed put and the edges didn't lift up.


No comments:

Post a Comment