Sewing Room Dropcam

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

I need to stop looking at fabric online!

I just love looking at fabric online and could spend hours browsing collection after collection. The problem is that I usually end up buying something. I already have fabric that I bought with no idea what I was going to do with it... need to start shopping my own shelves for ideas.

I saw this fabric online today and fell in love... again.


It's so soft and pretty, romantic. I immediately knew that I wanted to use it in a simple design with large patches. It took maybe an hour in EQ6 to put this together. The blocks are very simple and I saw that I can do the corner triangles around the smaller square with the technique like the jelly roll and layer cake quilt I did recently. Place two squares right sides together, sew diagonally 1/4" from both sides of the center, cut apart diagonally both ways. This will give me two half & half triangles to sew onto the sides of the squares. Do this twice and it comes out correctly that the two beiges are on opposides on half the triangles. (sorry if that's not very clear to explain).



No comments:

Post a Comment