Sewing Room Dropcam

Monday, July 26, 2010

Did some work this evening

I'm really trying to push through and get the latest quilt done.  Today I got the last 96 HSTs sewn and pressed, this is enough for the remaining 12 blocks.  I will need to cut MORE of the ivory Kona Cotton and get it washed.  I also got the additional 10 hearts cut out and decided on placement.  Rows 5 and 6 are done and the sashing strip between them is sewn to one row.  I just couldn't do any more at the time.

The 4 Bali Handpaint sets were delivered today.  They are beautiful!  Just beautiful.  I won't need much at all of each color for the French Braid quilt so I've got ideas swirling around my head about using them in something spectacular.  I really prefer to create my own designs so it's going to take some thinking and playing around in EQ7.  Not that this is a chore, it's one of my favorite parts of quilting.  I don't want to just use them for any old thing, if you know what I mean.  These are expensive fabrics and I don't want to waste them in something that doesn't do them justice.

They look even better in person.




No comments:

Post a Comment