Sewing Room Dropcam

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Two rows are done!

Finally got the first 24 blocks done and then started on the sashing.  It's looking so pretty and it's coming together good.  I cut 10 more strips of ivory that I will need to complete the side sections on the next 24 blocks and the rest of the sashing, need to figure up how much more to cut off the bolt and get it washed.


The plastic template material has arrive but I haven't tried it yet.  Now that some of the blocks are sewn together I can make sure of the size I want to make the hearts.  I have a little niggling doubt about the hearts.  Is it too cutesy?  Maybe do a 4-petal flower shape instead that is like the four circular-looking corners in the space between the blocks.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Wow!! they look absolutely fabulous!! Really lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG Pam, this is gonna be one gorgeous quilt! All those little corners... good grief! You're so good. Congrats! -- Linda

    ReplyDelete