Sewing Room Dropcam

Friday, November 19, 2010

Started on Faceted Jewels

I know, I know, there are other things I could be working on but... I started on another quilt.  I'm waiting on delivery of black quilting thread for the french braid and I don't feel like starting on the vines for the CW quilt though I did get the strips cut out for them and did a test of the bias tape maker.  It worked good.

I'm using a Cappuccino Balipop for this quilt plus some brown batik I have.  I found that I can use the strips for everything except the large triangle block center and the corner HSTs.  Another four cream batiks are coming with the black thread so I can't do the HSTs until I have that.

The lights are more yellow than I thought they were but I really like this.  The flying geese and the triangle are paper pieced.  I'm doing this practice block first and have about a third of the light/dark 4-patch sections ready to sew the halves together.

3 comments:

  1. Oh wow...this block and quilt looks like alot of time is involved...it is really going to be an awesome quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm, my comment disappeared. I think once I get going on assembly line making the parts, it won't be too bad. The majority of the blocks are very simple.

    ReplyDelete