Sewing Room Dropcam

Monday, November 29, 2010

A Quilt for My bed

I've been on a quilting mission this long Holiday weekend and got three of them done.  I believe that there are only 6 more tops to quilt and I'll be caught up.  I have the backing and batting for at least 4 of them.

This one is for MY bed.  I posted about the fabrics and the design here and I found out when I got them that it goes perfectly with a silk duvet cover and sham set that I have.  My adjoining bathroom has beige, blue, and dark brown too.

I am so happy with this one and just love how it goes with my bedroom.  It's soft and feminine with light colors to balance out the heavy furniture.  I'll get it bound this week so I can actually sleep under it.

The quilting is a pantograph called Woodcut Camellias.  This was an intense pattern to follow, a whole lot of points!  It wasn't flowing at all and for the first day my top thread was breaking every couple of minutes until I gave up when the bobbin ran out.  The next day, with a new bobbin, it only broke a couple of times.

No comments:

Post a Comment