Sewing Room Dropcam

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Floral fabric designs

When I'm sitting around and watching (listening) to TV, I often play around with EQ7.  I have many of my fabrics imported, which I usually do when I purchase something online, so it's like playing with my stash.

I got this fabric some time ago with the idea of doing a French Braid with it but, after doing that pattern for my son and his girlfriend I'm not sure I want to do another just like it.  This is what I've come up with so far.


This is such pretty fabric that I want something that makes the fabric the star of the quilt.  I think I would only use the Bali Handpaints that very closely match the colors in the border fabric and flowers.  The large flowers are kind of between a purple and a pink, like the blues are leaning towards purple in the smaller scale prints.  I also like the idea of choosing just one of the colors, specifically the yellows in this appeal to me.

Just some ideas but never know what the final design will be until it's made. :-)

4 comments:

  1. Your design is so beautiful....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been enjoying your site. Your quilts are beautiful. Maybe someday, I will do something like this, but right now I am learning how to make clothing for my family and I.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the comments and enjoying the blog. I used to make clothes for my daughters when they were small and simple things like skirts for myself. I find quiltmaking less stressful than clothes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad you take pride in what you write. This makes you stand way out from many other writers that push poorly written content. wool jersey fabric

    ReplyDelete