Sewing Room Dropcam

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Starting to assemble the flower quilt

Ok, so I only have about half of the blocks done but I wanted to see how it was going to come together.  Not only impatient to see it but to make sure of the setting triangle sizes before I cut out any more of them.  The size I am using is 7"x7" for the corners and a 13" diagonal for the sides.  It's a bit bigger than needed but, as usual, I would rather trim a little than have it too small.  I'll square up the corners and cut the edge triangles to 1/4" seam allowance past where they meet the sashing blocks after it's all together.

I love the colors!  It's going to be so pretty for a little girl's room.

Lots more cutting to do today.  I have all the blocks cut out and all of the colored petals, still need to cut out 20 blocks of white petals, half of the sashing strips, and most of the sashing blocks.  I've divided the colored blocks and petals into two piles, one of each color in each pile, so that I can keep from making duplicates of the same block/petal color combinations. (you can always click on a picture to see it larger)

No comments:

Post a Comment