Sewing Room Dropcam

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

I'm liking this!!

I love it when a pattern starts coming together and you get a glimpse of what it will look like.  The two blocks on the left aren't sewn together, just stuck to the flannel.  I'm still working on the triangle sections, got half of them sewn and worked on more prep last night.  I ran out of ivory and needed to cut more off the bolt and I washed, starched, ironed, and cut strips of the last 12 CW fabric pieces.  The green squares are all cut out too.

Just need to get strips of the ivory cut and I can complete all the parts!


Ordered some plastic template material yesterday that says you can iron on it.  If that works it will be great to just make one template for the 3 sizes of hearts to turn under and iron the 1/4" seam allowance.  I'll post about how that goes.

3 comments:

  1. I'm liking the pattern too. The iron on template material works, I have use it several times. I'm looking forward to watching the progress of this quilt.
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking forward to trying it. That will be great for multiple hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks so amazing....just love the pattern!

    ReplyDelete