Sewing Room Dropcam

Sunday, June 13, 2010

What got done this weekend

I worked on this quilt for many hours this weekend, about 4 hours today.  It sure is going slow!!  There are so many steps to getting every little section done that it is taking a long time.  I figured up that there are 45 pieces per block and a total of over 2500 pieces in the entire top.

This is what I started with this morning.  These are the triangles for 11 blocks to complete the first batch of 24 blocks.  Each triangle is sewn to an ivory square then that section is sewn to an ivory rectangle.  The strips of fabric at the top are for the last 24 triangle sections.


The completed triangle sections are sewn to one side of the corner and center sections, pressed, then the other side is sewn on.  Right now, half of the blocks are sewn into the three rows and ready to be sewn together.


I keep plugging away but still have so much to do on it.  I think I will get my oldest daughter's quilt in the frame and get that done for her.  I should have finished it for her birthday, which is tomorrow, but I didn't think of that.  I WILL get her's totally done before I start on my son's and his girlfriend's that I have the fabric for.  It will give me a break from the endless cutting and sewing for awhile.


No comments:

Post a Comment