Sewing Room Dropcam

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Boy, am I tired

I've been working all day on getting this quilt finished and still have a lot of work to do.  I got it washed and blocked during the week after a hair raising trip to Home Depot to get the foam board insulation.  What was I thinking?  Obviously, I wasn't thinking that they weren't going to fit into my Escape.  A man came up to me in the parking lot and offered to tie it down on my roof rack.  I should have done it myself.  I'm a quilter, I know what it takes to tied something down. :-)

Anyway, I wasn't even out of the parking lot before it started to lift off like a parasail.  How do I know this?  Because I had the sunroof open and was holding onto one if the strings tying it down.  I stopped and who comes running over to help?  Five men from the group that is always hanging out in the parking lot at the home store.  Another 10 minutes and I was off sailing... uh, driving home again.  I don't even want to know what people were thinking about the woman who was creeping down the road in a little SUV with these huge pink things on the roof.

I layed them out on my bedroom floor because it was the only place big enough that I could also keep the cat away from it.  I pinned it down and let it dry for a few days.


This morning I trimmed it square (I hope) and made the binding.  The rest of the day was spent sewing it on the front and I'm now on the second side of the hand sewing on the back.



On the sunny side... or wherever the sun is shinning.


2 comments:

  1. You may consider yourself casual, but your work is beautiful! I can only imagine what you'll do when you "retire". I've joined your blog so I can enjoy your journey.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete