Sewing Room Dropcam

Monday, March 1, 2010

Pressing seams open

I decided to try pressing the seams open on this quilt and I'm not liking it.  I read that some quilters do that in order to improve accuracy.  I just don't see it.  The seams are not crisp and sharp, it's difficult to get a sharp press when pressing the seams open.  I also don't get the same accuracy that I would with nested seams.  Now I know that it's not for me.

I have two rows sewn together on all of the birds in the air blocks and started on the third and final row.  These 6 blocks are done so far, 30 more to go, but it's time to quit for tonight.  Pressing the seams open has REALLY slowed things down in terms of ironing and piecing.  It will probably be a couple of more evenings to get these done.

No comments:

Post a Comment