Sewing Room Dropcam

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Nothing new under the sun

I just saw the quilt called Flower Power in the Connecting Threads catalog I got in the mail and I was shocked. The quilt that I made for my grandaughter is very close to that.  It has almost the same flower shape, using the same fabrics, blocks set on-point, stacked colors on the flowers, etc. even the sashing fabric is the same as what I used.  I could hardly believe what I was seeing! Now I feel like people will think that I copied that one. :( I've never seen it before and I had looked at that fabric online many times but didn't purchase until there was a special sale on it.  I always look at the kits and patterns associated with a fabric that I'm buying and I would have seen it if it was there.  It's still not on the website, just in the catalog.

There have been times when I thought I had an original idea and then see something like it but this one is way too close.

2 comments:

  1. I guess great minds think alike!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I was making my Patriotic quilt and finally decided on a large vase and flowers from a Baltimore Album pattern for the center medallion I started second-guessing myself that maybe it just looked weird and didn't go with the style. I then did search after search and found a quilt pattern from a major designer that was patriotic in color and design and had a vase and flowers in the middle!!

    ReplyDelete