Sewing Room Dropcam

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Vintage body is done!

Sewed on the last two rows this morning and the border fabric is in the dryer.  I like this!!  It's old fashioned and cheerful and just makes me smile.  It's about 72"x72" (haven't measure the border repeat so I don't know exactly) so it's a twin size.  No idea what I'm going to do with it but I don't always have a recipient in mind.  I do them just because I want to make the design.



The border fabric will need to be starched, pressed, and fussy cut and I need to do some measuring to figure out where to place the scallop design so that the corner miters come out at a nice spot in the repeat.  Might be done with it this weekend!

2 comments:

  1. It looks great. You did a wonderful job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. It came together well, the only issue was getting the floating red checked corners in the right place.

    I love seeing a design becoming real and this last sprint to the finish is the best part.

    ReplyDelete