Sewing Room Dropcam

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Step one

Well, it took a lot of steps to get to this point so maybe it's Part 1.  I sewed 2 strips of the same fabric to either side of an ivory strip and cut those into sections to make the corners of the 9-patch blocks.  I then sewed two ivory strips to either side of a purple strip and cut those into sections to make the centers.  Sew the three sections together and make a 9-patch.

There are two blocks of each fabric with different purple centers.

I think I will make 48 blocks instead of 35.  With 35 blocks the quilt is 61"x81" and I'd like it to be a little bigger than basically a twin size.  I put 6 more pieces of CW fabric in with a load of laundry this morning to make 12 more blocks (I have 36 done with 18 fabrics).

No comments:

Post a Comment