Sewing Room Dropcam

Friday, April 9, 2010

Started the quilting

I have been agonizing over doing the quilting on a "good" quilt.  I went back and forth about doing it myself, but I'm not good at it, so do I not do my better quilts myself or do I just make quilts that are suitable for a panto for now?  I started the quilting and I thought it was so bad that I almost gave up.  "If I quit now, I can take out the stitching I've done so far and have someone else do it."

Wow, that is some defeatist thinking.  I finally decided that it's my work, all of it, good or bad.  The feathers aren't great and who knows what the rest of the design will turn out like.  But it's mine.  I'm not going to get any better if I keep putting off working on real quilts. 

Here's hoping that each one will be better than the last.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Pamela,
    Congrads on having courage to do your own quilting. This is my biggest problem, I will not try. What I can see from the photo looks pretty good.
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the kind words. I really wanted to give it up but, what am I doing this for? Why do I quilt? This quilt is not for sale, it's not for someone else, it's probably not for show other than maybe the county fair. I quilt because I want to design and create. I do it for me.

    ReplyDelete