Sewing Room Dropcam

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Something for the Civil War fabric

Since I decided to not do the Dear Jane quilt I've been thinking of what to do with the 200 different 9"x11" pieces of Civil War repro fabric that I have.  I saw this today in American Quilter magazine using batiks but think it's a good choice for an old fashioned look.  The squares are 1 1/4" finished size!  I added the hearts in the center and the border but that is changeable.  I am still looking for something that catches my fancy more than the hearts, maybe tiny baskets.  The hearts give it a country look.  The squares would be all different colors, just didn't want to color all of them individually in the design.

2 comments:

  1. I really like your creativity
    Again, Can't wait to see it in cloth
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to see it too. It will give me a chance to try a turned under machine applique method for the hearts and vines. I've been working up how many strips I need using 9"x11" pieces instead of yardage and I'll start sorting through almost 200 CW fabrics to choose what I need.

    I have Kona Cotton in Ivory for the background.

    ReplyDelete