Sewing Room Dropcam

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Binding the star

On Thursday I finished machine sewing the binding onto the front of the quilt and last night when I got home from work I started the hand stitching on the back.  I worked on it for about 2 hours, off and on between that and getting some fabric washed and dried.  I'm using Elmer's School Glue to turn over, iron, and secure the binding on each section as I get to it.  That method is sooooo much better than using pins that poke and catch on thread.

I'm doing a ladder stitch and I noticed in this picture that the blue 1" lines on the pressing board show that the stitches are about 10 per inch.

The fabric for the My Tweets BOM is washed and dried except for the white background.  I have 8 yards and decided to cut off 3 yards for the twelve 18" square pieces for the blocks and wash that.  Oh... might as well do another yard for the center block.  The remaining will be for borders or whatever other design I decide on for the rest of the quilt.


  1. Amost done, awesome....I too love the elmers glue methong.

  2. I love the colors in your star quilt. Never thought of using glue on the binding. Hugs