Sewing Room Dropcam

Saturday, April 23, 2011

The Red Snappers came!

Yay!  I've been waiting on them to load the faceted jewels quilt on the frame.  I need to sew a channel in my leader cloths for the rods, got one of them done last night, and get to try it out.  I tried doing the semi-float method that Sharon Schamber uses because it was just such a hassel to pin the backing on the top and bottom and then pin the quilt top on the bottom edge too.  Found that I didn't really like that, wanted more tension on the top too.

Been thinking about quilting designs and came up with this yesterday, also got a suggestion of doing curved cross-hatching in the point sections around the edges of the quilt and feathers in the light, circular shape.  Love the idea of the curved cross hatching and I had just ordered templates too.


No comments:

Post a Comment