Sewing Room Dropcam

Friday, April 1, 2011

A little "make work" this morning

Well, there isn't really any unnecessary work, just some odds and ends. I am going into work late this morning because I have to work late tonight so, I have a couple of hours to mess around.

I got the batiks washed and dried for my next quilt. The colors are so vibrant!


Received the delivery of the batiks for the Faceted Jewels border but the black isn't what I want.  As soon as I took it out of the mailing package I thought, "That's blue, not black."  It can be hard to tell the difference sometimes.  Have you ever worn one black sock and one blue one?  I even asked a couple of people at work what color they thought it was.  The main color looks black but the mottling (lighter) is definately blue.  I can't put that on the brown/beige/black quilt.  I ordered a solid deep black since I needed backing for another quilt anyway.

Still had some time to kill (even though the house really needs to be cleaned) so I did some work on the border blocks for the giant dahlia quilt.  This one has been sitting for awhile although the center is totally done.  I am doing a partial seam on these blocks.  You can't tell in the picture but the white has a very light silver design on it, there is also silver in the other fabrics.


This is the rest of the quilt.  It has been hand sewn onto the white background but I can't find a picture of it.

1 comment:

  1. The fabrics are just gorgeous...and love the quilt...

    ReplyDelete