Sewing Room Dropcam

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Tweets Progress

Yesterday I had to take my SUV into the shop so I brought the Tweets block with me to work on while waiting.  It sure made the wait go by quickly.


Not a whole lot of sewing progress done but I have all the leaves for the top portion ready, the two other small flowers, and the vines.  The paper foundation for the large flower are cut out and ready to put onto fabric.

Still working on the binding for the star quilt too.  I'm on the 4th side!  Also got the fabric wash dried, and two of them ironed and starched for the borders on the faceted jewels quilt.  Soon as I get the star quilt done and off of my cutting table I can get to that.

Since I don't have a quilt on the frame right now I loaded a long piece of practice quilt.  Been thinking of how to quilt the Patriotic quilt after the faceted jewels.  I would like to do either just echo or a diamond grid in the center applique, then something in the next area bordered by the small squares, then something else in the 4 corner areas.  I'm just not sure what that something will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment